Monday, April 2, 2012

Adult Orthodontics - A Patient's Experience (Post 1)

Hi everyone! My name is Amber. I am 39 years old and did not have braces as a teenager. It turns out you are never too old to get the perfect smile you deserve. A couple of weeks ago I got my impressions for my first set of braces at Dr. Keith Harvey’s office.

At my age I am calling it a “brace lift” – since a straight full smile helps contribute to a more youthful appearance.

Getting the impressions for my custom braces was an interest experience. First Karla, one of Dr. Harvey’s clinical assistants, took x-rays and photographs of my teeth. Then, she filled trays with impression material and into my mouth it went. I was expecting it to be unpleasant, but it
really was not that bad – in no time at all we had impressions of both my top and bottom teeth. That ended my part – for now.

I had a conversation with Dr. Harvey concerning what our goals were for my “brace lift” – my primary problems are crowding and a narrow
arch. Our goal is to widen my arch, fix the crowding and straighten several teeth – the ultimate goal – a beautiful new smile in 12-15 months.


I will keep you posted as my treatment progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment